Tropical Strawberry Popsicles

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

While ice cream is typically my drug of choice, I have found a new love for homemade popsicles this summer. The options are endless, they're SUPER easy and I can totally trick my kids into thinking they're getting dessert when it's actually a smoothie ... because parenting is basically just sales & marketing :) 


So here's the deal: I actually made these as a smoothie, gave it to the kids for breakfast, and then froze the rest as popsicles. SO easy, multi-tasking, and super tasty! 


1 cup orange juice // 2 cups frozen strawberries // 1 cup yogurt (strawberry or plain) 
// 1 cup pineapple // orange sugar crystals for popsicles

It's as simple as blending up all the ingredients into a smoothie, pouring into the popsicle molds (we have these ones) and topping each container with some sugar crystals (they'll be at the bottom of your popsicle but will sink down while its freezing, giving it that pretty tie-dye effect. Stir them in just a little bit if they don't sink down on their own.)


These were a huge hit - next up.... I'm trying my hand at a coffee version! 

Happy Wednesday that feels like Monday!! #isitsaturdayyet?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

chelsey (ThingstobeStroudof) said...

Best idea ever!! I've been making chocolate yogurt ones, but never thought of the smoothie idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...