Life Lately

Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy Friday! We made it through our first week back to reality, but not without someone pooping on the floor. Mom LYFE. A little life lately for you:


We had the BEST NYE with our little crew. So fun.  

WHAT WE'RE EATING: 
Having a hard time breaking free of all those holiday treats, so we're making more. These chocolate chip cookies are to die for.

We've also been making paninis with roast beef, beechers cheese, grilled onions and crusty bread. They're divine.

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT: 
Bellamy turned three yesterday and I can't help but remember how little she was. She was the perfect newborn, and the days after bringing her home as a family of 4 were nothing short of majestic. I was SO worried about what life would look with two kids under 18 months and couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it all went.



WHAT I'M LOVING:
My quiet mornings. My new routine is to wake up at 5:30, before the craziness begins and the kids are up. It's quiet, calm, dark and is just enough time to gather myself and pick up whatever was left from the night before.

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:
Baylor started school back up this week, Bellamy started ballet & tap, and Winnie started feeding herself with a spoon (living proof on snapchat today) ... big things, guys! We celebrated Bella's birthday yesterday with a trip to the mall for a new tutu, a stop at the Disney store, and of course lunch at Chick-fil-a (as requested by the birthday girl). We ended the day with dinner at our favorite italian spot complete with a hot fudge sunday!

WHAT I'M DREADING: 
January. It's currently 18 degrees, the kids are too cold to go outside, Collin's travel schedule hurts my eyes and the static cling in the air is doing a JOB on my hair.

WHAT I'M WORKING ON: 
I'm opening shop back up, working on some valentines tees and can't wait to share more exciting things with you guys!

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT: 
Spring. Heat. Vacation that I'll one day take. Ya know, the norm :)

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING: 
We went on a New Girl binge on our Christmas break so we're all caught up there. I finished Fuller House 2 on Netflix and of course, Gilmore Girls. And, above all, the BACHELOR is back on! I love Nick, and I love watching dumb girls on TV, so it's a given. Living for Monday Nights over here! 
 
As for reading, just children's books. The rest will have to wait. 

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: 
The Nursing & Cursing podcast, a little Megan Trainor - Champagne Problems and of course, my go-to, Ed Sheeran. I went on a major Randy Travis kick during the holidays (who am i?) but have hung up my cowgirl hat for awhile.

WHAT I'M WEARING: 
Pajamas. Guys, I wear pajamas to bed, get dressed to go somewhere and then change back into my pjs as soon as I get back home. I just can't quit them. I love the old navy thermal leggings, JCREW sets are SUPER cozy and the Gap Pendleton collection from Christmas was amazing.

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND: 
We're taking Bellamy to get her ears pierced (!), having a little family breakfast on Sunday and another birthday party! I also have a couple house projects to tend to, first being bellamy's shelf that she ripped out of the wall while practicing gymnastics...? WTF.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH: 
Valentine's Day! I told Bellamy we had to take her Christmas tree down in her room, and she said, "now that Christmas is over, I'll never be happy again." WOMP WOMP. While I have the same sentiment come Dec. 26, another holiday in the forecast helps soften the blow.

WHAT ELSE IS NEW: 
Every toy in this house. HA! No, but really. 
 
 
(questions via mixandmatchmama)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...