our humble fleet

Thursday, May 9, 2013

disclaimer : i fully realize my strollers are somewhat excessive and absolutely unneccesary and acknowledge that i have a minor problem. *wink*
We, here at the Hen House, have a very large garage. It will fit 3 cars + a boat if you so desired. Because we don't have a boat, the boat slot has turned in to a miniature parking lot for my humble fleet of strollers + one darling wagon (one of these kids is not like the others). When we found out we were having a baby, I was SO excited to find a stroller (i realize this is weird, but take me or leave me). I spent time reading the thousand blog posts about different strollers and researched what was going to be best for me, my unborn bubby and our future family. 

My parents SO graciously offered to pay for our *first* stroller, as it cost a pretty penny. We ( I ) chose the Britax B-Ready. It was perfect for us for a few reasons: I loved that I could click in the infant seat for easy transferring (a perk we used a TON when BB was a teeny tiny). It folded super easy and was very light. AND it can transform in to a double stroller with the purchase of an additional seat. Easy as pie! I've been SUPER happy with it, the quality is great, I love the way it looks and it's a very smoooth ride (as if Baylor really cares...). 

End of story, right? Well, not exactly. When B was somewhere in the ballpark of 3 or 4 months, he was able to hold his head up a bit better and was all around stronger. This meant he could ride like a 'big boy' and Collin could take him on runs. Enter Jogging Stroller. Because God Forbid you take him running in a regular stroller. SO of course, the research began again and I spent my nights where I should've been working on picking out a new jogging stroller. After some wise advise from a few friends (thanks Des!), we (again, I) decided to go with a double jogger, considering our plans for a growing family. I chose the Baby Jogger City Mini Double (mouthful!) and this baby is legit. It'd probably be even more legit if I actually ran ...  but I don't. So it's perfect for walks and when Daddy gets his cardio on. But ... I can't tell you how many times people have asked me where my other child is or told me "you're missing one!". Seriously, do us all a favor and shut up. I'm not missing a kid and there is no rule that just because I have a double stroller, I have to fill both seats with humans. I can't tell you how many times I brought this baby to Costco before B could sit in a cart and filled the empty side up with groceries. Multi-functional, thankyouverymuch. #booyah

And now, for our final family member, the umbrella stroller. We had a trip to Mexico planned back in March and Collin refused to let me take the "HUGE" stroller (the Britax, which isn't huge, but he can be dramatic at times....love him ;) through the airport security and all around Mexico. Fine by me, sucka. Guess that means we're getting a new smaller stroller. This time (gosh I'm starting to sound like an addict), I chose the Peg Perego Pliko Mini Stroller in Neon. I'm just going to be real here - I chose this one because I'm in love with the stripes. End of story. Frugal, not at all ... Sassy ... YAH! Yes, it's great, it folds quick and small and it's super light, but probably not any different than the $25.00 umbrella stroller at Target. So sue me, I judge a book by it's cover. 

HONORABLE MENTION: our cute little wagon that B got as an early birthday present from his grandparents. LOVE it. Love the convenience and that he looks like an all-american little boy in it. 
Stellar for long rides to the mailbox and sitting in while mom waters the flowers. Side note ... the seat belts are essential, as without them, head-diving off the side will ensue. 

I apologize for the novel about strollers and the brain damage you may have had to ensue while reading this. Come back next week for something purposeful...i swear. 






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...