Our LOVE Story

Friday, February 13, 2015

What better day to share our love story than Valentine's? (technically the day before, but we're in a marathon celebration) Actually... we got married on Friday, the 13th...which happens to be a day like today! Side note... if you're not of the superstitious variety, Friday the 13th is an excellent day to get married - it's cheaper and there's a lot of availability...#justsayin

Love is a funny little thing ... it's either right in front of you or happens when you're least expecting. I'll give you the quick & dirty (not 50 shades dirty...) on how we met ...

I was 18 at the time and was getting ready to start my first year of college at Cornish College of the Arts. I reluctantly joined my cousin (roommate at the time) at a WSU Football game with a few of her friends. We ended up tailgating with Collin's family and it was love at first sight (for one of us...yours truly). I actually called my mom shortly after I met Collin and told her I found the man I was going to marry, and that I was pregnant with his twins ... I've always been a bit progressive... He was incredibly handsome (those blue eyes!!!), successful, and quite a gentleman.
Now... only one of us knew we were in love at the time ;) so I had some work to do. You see...Collin was 27(!) at the time and had just moved back to Seattle from Pullman where he was working in athletics at WSU. He certainly wasn't looking to put his eggs in this basket. We hung out in group settings a few more times and ultimately, I was able to prove myself to him (read: put him under the spell). I've always been a very old soul, so this 9 year age gap didn't phase me. My parents were actually 22 years apart, so you can imagine their joy when they heard we were only 9 years apart ... it's true what they say.... age only matters in fine wine & cheese.

So the rest is history...we dated for a couple years, took a few months apart (growing pains are real), and I eventually realized that he was the only one for me, for my whole life. We got married in August of 2010 with a robust summer wedding and will be celebrating our 5th anniversary this year!


Collin truly is the sweetest man, has nothing bad to say about anyone, holds himself to incredibly high standards and loves deep and fierce. His ability to make me feel loved is unprecedented. He's all the important things... God-fearing, sweet, caring, smart, hard-working and honest. Also... handsome sexy! His blue eyes will always and forever put me in a trance. I need nothing more in life than I have right now, I truly feel loved beyond reason and like the luckiest girl in the whole world.


Hope your valentine's day is sweet and full of love, and if you're single... just hang tight! your time is coming!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...