WHAT WE EAT: Avocado Toast

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

eye roll. how cliche, right? wrong my friends, so wrong. While avocado toast seems to be all the rage 
these days, it's for an excellent reason. I promise. 

Here's the deal: I'm not a foodie. 
We generally eat pretty healthy over here, but it's not because I love healthy food, it's because I love my family. (girlfriend does buy the occasional bag of "Nacho Doritos" or "Chicken in a Biscuit" at the grocery store - old habits die HARD). BUT, avocado toast is all it's chalked up to be. Crunchy toast, creamy avocado, cool crisp tomatoes, salty parmesan & sweet balsamic glaze. 
Yes, please! It's almost as good as a chocolate oreo milkshake!  #fatkidatheart #oreos4lyfe #treatyoself


 Here's how we do it: 
I like to use a loaf of vienna or pugliese bread from the grocery store bakery. It's sweet & chewy inside, and has crispy crust. We toast it lightly and start layering while it's warm. First up, AVOCADO. I use about 1/3 of an avocado (more or less - whatever you fancy), and slice 2-3 grape tomatoes in half for the next layer. We keep ours in the fridge, as they keep their crisp better that way. Next up - shredded parmesan cheese - you really don't need to much of this, a little cheese goes a long way in the salt department. I drizzle some Balsamic Glaze on top (probably my favorite fridge essentials - SO good on everything! We use this one)
Finally, I top it off with a generous amount of freshly ground sea salt. And VOILA! You're done! 
This is not only a great lunch, but a healthy snack for the kids (baylor is obsessed), and it also makes a great appetizer for parties (just cut your bread slices in half or use a french baguette instead). 

Hope you enjoy! #henandco on instagram so I can see pics of YOUR avocado toast! 






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...