TO MY LOVE ♥

Saturday, February 13, 2016

While Valentine's Day isn't my favorite holiday (I prefer the other holiday associated with hohoho), I do love the meaning behind it. Love deserves a little parade every day of the year and I've certainly hit the jackpot when it comes to finding my very own love. 


Collin and I have been together for almost 9 years and I knew I loved him from the day I met him. Literally, the love-at-first-sight where you call your mom and tell her you met the man you will marry and you're already pregnant with his triplets. I mean, I'm not one to rush in to things, but... I knew he was the one I was waiting for and haven't had a doubt in my mind since that very moment. There's really nothing quite like the feeling of certainty. It's far & few between, but like gold when you stumble upon it. 

I love so many things about Collin but one of my favorites is likely his capacity to love people. He loves the most unlovable qualities of people, gives grace to those whom others have written off and doesn't just act like he cares, but truly does care. Collin goes out of his way to make people feel important, to make them feel valid, and eventually to feel loved. The circumstances of their situation are irrelevant and his greatest gift is giving people the benefit of the doubt. 


To be the biggest recipient of his love is one of my greater blessings in life. I've never questioned his love for me or our children a day in my life and while I have my fair share of inadequeaces, none of them make a mark on his rictor scale. 

Sometimes God gives us what we need most in the form we least expect. Collin is gentle-hearted, patient, slow-to-anger, and inclusive - all things I am not. He is the ying-to-my-yang, he is my person. 


Also, duly noted: Collin does a mean Michael Jackson dance routine, he's often "hangry", he loves sports, hates cookie dough (this one was a major red flag), and has a shoe collection that could rival any of yours. The kids ask all day when he will be home, as he's their favorite wrestling partner & "candy club" host. He's the apple of all of our eyes, and the 5:00 hero to our days. 


Happy Valentines Day to the one I love the most! xxoo  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...