Winnie's Nursery

Monday, February 15, 2016

Without question, my favorite rooms in our house are the kids rooms. Each has been carefully curated to reflect their personalities, all while hopefully feeling like an extension of our home. My goal in the kids rooms is to always use pieces that will transcend through time - because I'm not about to spend $800 on a piece of furniture that's going to be "SUPER LAME" when they're 13.  


Winnie's nursery was the first time I actually knew the gender of the baby, so it was really fun to take it up a level in the girly department. The fuschia over-dyed rug was my first purchase for the room and really set the tone! 


We also knew her name was going to be Winnie Wilde pretty early on, so we searched high & low for a quote that we could use for this sign. This, is definitely my favorite piece in the room and was truly a labor of love. I hand painted the sign, antiqued it and then stained the final product. I love how it turned out and it makes such a huge statement without the major price tag. 




The dresser was the same one we used in Baylor's nursery, which brings back all sorts of hormonal emotions. How can he possibly be turning 4 this year. I get all misty just thinking about it. The polka dots on the wall are just vinyl and I used my Cricut Explore to cut them out (that makes me sound like a total scrapbooker...)


Art.com is easily my favorite source for old photographs and statement pieces. I love the whimsy of this photograph and think it adds the perfect touch of fun to her room. Plus, I secretly can't wait to move it to the kitchen or living room when we upgrade to a big girl room, because it's just so cheery. 







I found this vintage tiered basket a local antique store and knew it would be perfect for holding everything from diapers & wipes, to baby essentials, and of course hair accessories. 




Happy girl loves her crib! The crib sits right below the window and the lighting is so dreamy.



Love my girls - Bellamy can't get enough of Miss Winnie Wilde. 

SOURCES
crib // sheet // changing pad cover // gingham hair bow // bucket list print // heart print // girls in water // drum light (IKEA - not available online) // fringe basket (sold out - similar) // mobile (PBKxJenni Kayne - Sold Out) // pouf (sold out- similar)  // neon garland // WH Hooks

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

natasha {schue love} said...

Such a gorgeous nursery! Question, where is the crib bumper from? Love!

emily said...

Love it all. xoxo

bnicolesal said...

You have talent! I love everything! Thanks for the inspo :) I always love your decor posts!

Unknown said...

Such a cute room! You need to blow up that last pic of your girls. It is darling :)

Unknown said...

Thanks girls! Bumper is PBKids :)

Unknown said...

How did you make the sign? This is a song my dad sand to me growing up and I'd love to make one similar!

Danielle said...

Beautiful and whimsy! Where is the glider from? I'm on the hunt for a comfy one.

Unknown said...

Thank you! The glider is little Castle from a local baby boutique (Sugar Babies). I'll be doing a tutorial on the sign in the next couple weeks!

Carmen said...

Such a beautiful room! Where did you ever find that rug? Been searching high and low for one like it!

Unknown said...

Thanks!! It's from RUGS USA :)

Anonymous said...

Love the round hanging mirror! Where did you get it?

Unknown said...

The mirror was a Home Goods find! I see them there often, though :)

Anonymous said...

The room is amazing! By any chance do you know the name of the wall color?

Unknown said...

Thank you! It's White Metal by Behr

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the oh baby baby wall art

Unknown said...

Love love everything about this room!! I am helping a client with her nursery and she is in love with this green dresser. Is this something that you painted that you might happen to know the color?

Unknown said...

THANK YOU!! Sadly, I don't have a color match for it - we bought it as-is at an antique store!

SG SAN said...

Hi there,

Very nice post and blog, I found it very explanatory and informative, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us, we know how important is experience in our lives.

take care and stay positive

Your follower,

Lisa from ConcessionĂ¡rias

ckevenden said...

Love this nursery! I'm looking for a similar rug for my twin girls' room. Where did you get yours?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...