Kitchen Reveal!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I'm SO excited to share our new kitchen today! If you follow along on snapchat (kendra_hen), you've seen this whole thing go down :) I'm thankful to finally be done (aside from a couple very minor things) -- we are totally in love with this space. It has transformed our living space and really brightens up the entire house. This was one of those things we've wanted to do since we moved in and definitely wasn't a "necessity"...but I really didn't want to wait and then only be able to enjoy for a few years. We plan on staying in this house for awhile, and wanted to enjoy the kitchen while we can! :) After going through the renovation and seeing the results, I'm really thankful we took the leap. If you're on the fence, I encourage you to GO FOR IT! It's totally worth the investment!! 

A dear friend of mine helped me design the kitchen (thanks Paige!) and without her, I would have had no idea where to even begin! I'll share sources for everything at the bottom!
 // B E F O R E



 // A F T E R 


One of my favorite parts of the kitchen is these open shelves. I have to resist changing them up on the daily -- the options are ENDLESS! Also, it's going to get SO festive around here come christmas. 


These were our grandparents wedding china! SO happy to finally be able to display them. 


I wanted to be sure we kept color in the kitchen, and these chairs were the perfect touch of color without being obnoxious. They're also really wide which makes them great for the kids. 


The copper pendants are the perfect mix of unexpected & rustic. 








When Baylor was born, my mom bought me a little red wagon full of plants. Since, they've all grown & been replanted here. I love that they're exactly as old as Baylor and constantly remind me how quickly time goes. 




If you don't have Cravings by Chrissy Teigen, you're seriously missing out. 




RUGS USA sent us this runner for the kitchen and it's SO incredibly soft and hides crumbs like a champ - a serious credential in this kitchen. I love the pop of color it adds to the kitchen while being completely functional. 




Let me know if you have any other questions! 

SOURCES: 
counters: pental/onixaa honed // hardware: amerock // faucet: Signature Hardware backsplash: Glazed Slimbrick (picket with grey grout) cabinets: BM White Dove // island paint: BM Black Fox // Walls: SW Zurich Grey // copper pendants: kichler (copper isn't available anywhere right now) // shelves: sourced locally from salvage yard // barstools: world market // EAT letters: Anthro //  apple sign: c/o Sugarboo // Diffuser c/o Antica // Kitchen runner: c/o Rugs USA // curtains: PB Teen // Highchair: BOON

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

natasha {schue love} said...

Looks amazing!! Love the counters, open shelving and the copper lighting...gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Thinking of updating our kitchen today! Did you paint the cabinets or replace them? Thank you!

Unknown said...

We had them sanded, bonded, and re-painted!

Unknown said...

Where are the mint dining room chairs from? Target?

Unknown said...

Beautiful kitchen! Where is the dinning table from?

Unknown said...

Thanks! Mint Dining chairs are Target (http://bit.ly/1VTIe0i) and table is an old flea market pick up from a few years ago! :) Search White Pedestal Table on craigslist!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I just started reading it. I am in the south sound area. Can you share who painted and resurfaced your cabinets? I would like to do this to my dark cabinets but afraid to not find a good person to do it. Thank you

Unknown said...

Hey! We used ACH Design out of Sammamish - they worked with contractors who were AMAZING!!

chelseag said...

hi! I am local and wondering if you'd recommend who you hired for the repainting of the cabinets? Also, the backsplash. :) Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Hey! We used ACH Design Services in Sammamish and they contracted everyone out! They're team was AMAZING!

North East Factory Direct said...

You are amazing and Beautiful job! I love everything you did and your style is perfect.

Furniture Store Parker said...

your kitchen is just fabulous!The colors look so fresh and I really love the white cabinet. Just amazing!

Poulin Design Center said...

WOW, this is so beautiful.Super proud of you.

The Forsyths said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eve green said...


Hey, very nice site.
I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did.
I will definitely be coming back here more often.
Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table,
but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Kitchen Accessrioes NZ Thanks alot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...