Life Lately

Friday, October 7, 2016

We've had a relatively slow week around here, after a really busy weekend. We've done our normal school routine (which is still feeling like such a chore) and have indulged in our fair share of fall things. 

WHAT WE'RE EATING: 
-Butternut squash roasted with brown sugar (not a total crowd-please over here, but ask me how much I care...) 
-egg-nog in my morning coffee (so basic of me)
-lots of creative & nutricious breakfasts, because I'm SO over cereal & yogurt (smoothie bowls with granola & a honey drizzle is our current favorite)
-This delicious pot roast ... you must add this into your rotation!


WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT: 
Winnie is getting dangerously close to "1" and I'm having a hard time believing it to be true. It's totally blowing my mind and I'm just remensigin about how sweet & tiny she was, only 11 months ago. She has now learned the art of screaming if someone takes her toy (which means she screams all day) and she has made it very clear that despite her birth order, she WILL NOT be taken advantage of.

WHAT I'M LOVING: 
Fall! Everything from the pumpkin patches to the rainy weather to the costume shopping. It's all just magical and exponentially more fun with little ones.

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO: 
This week we met some friends at the Pumpkin Patch, Baylor had school, where he learned the goofiest "tooty-ta" song and Bellamy has been scheming ways to skip her nap, much to my dismay.


WHAT I'M DREADING: 
The next 29 years of no sleep. Mama is tired

WHAT I'M WORKING ON: 
We absolutely love our books from Pinhole Press that I've made for each of the kids and I'm currently working on the girls books in anticipation of their birthday's coming up! 

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT: 
Christmas. Need I say more? Ok, Halloween, too. 

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING: 
Well, naturally, I'm of course watching the Real Housewives and New Girl. I'm dying to have a cozy night in watching "This is Us" considering people say it's similar to Parenthood (I have my doubts). Parenthood is considered a stage in my life, and I'm basically a Braverman, so, there's that. Their backyard is perfection.  
Also, College Gameday every Saturday morning. It's a religion in this house. 

Reading? Ask me in 10 years when I don't have kids standing at my feet begging for snacks like they're completely famished. 

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: 
Our current favorite is "Good Good Father" by Chris Tomlin, but I'm loving the new Bon Iver album, and of course Ed Sheeran in the fall is always so damn cozy.

WHAT I'M WEARING: 
Lots of jeans, sweatshirts, rain boots (these are on my current wishlist!) and my favorite raincoat ever. 

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND: 
I hope to sit on the couch for at least one football game and just really relax. We have pretty low-key plans with some friends on Sunday night and otherwise, we're just taking it easy ... just what the dr. ordered!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH: 
Christmas. Because November 1, those pumpkins go in the trash and Santa is setting up shop. 

WHAT ELSE IS NEW: 
We're moving some furniture around and I'm super pumped to show you what I'm working on. In the meantime, I'm looking for all the good bar-cart inspiration :) 

Happy Friday, friends!! Enjoy your day! And if you happen to be a SEAHAWK or COUGAR fan, go check out our shop for lots of GAMEDAY gear! 

(questions via mixandmatchmama

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...