wreath roundup!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

let's talk about sex WREATHS. i know... but really that's the first thing that comes to mind when i say "let's talk about"... and that wasn't even my generation. but I'm married to a man who loves him some salt n pepa', so what can I say? those jams frequent this house. 
In other news ... I need a new wreath for the front door. And if I see the 'hobby lobby throwup fake leaves and straw everywhere' ones (yes, that's a wreath category) one more freaking time, I'm moving on to Christmas ... where wreaths are made of bountiful pine & holly, just like they ought to be. So my mission this week was to try to find a decent fall wreath that doesn't scream craft store, but does scream fall festive. Is that so hard? And let's just clarify one thing ... DIY is not in my vocabulary, nor does it EVER fit in my schedule. So building one of these things myself out of a wreath form and ten thousand different pieces sounds like a hotter version of hell. No thanks, never, see ya later, buh bye. 

I spent a few minutes scouring my usual go-to sources for home decor to see what I could come up with. There's a few in here that I really like (how awesome is that peace sign! and the driftwood!!) and would definitely buy, but my favorite of all is the classic boxwood wreaths from West Elm. They're timeless, stylish and pair well with a few pumpkins on the porch. I like these as well because they can work in the spring all by themselves or with some fresh plants. Hope there's a few in here that you might consider for yourself, if you, like me, are sick of orange and yellow plastic leaves and wire stems. #bringbackbasic #fallisn'tfake 



Happy Monday! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...