thankful.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

each year, when thanksgiving rolls (literally) around, i approach a bit of a crossroads. The amount of gratitude and thankfulness I feel is at times overwhelming, the reality of how blessed we really are sets in and I just want to give...give thanks, give gifts, give time, give love, just give in response to how much I have been given. As a business owner, this feels contradictory with everything in the business-101 book (you know that one, right?) about black friday sales, crazy promotions and taking. I also realize though, how much my business blesses our family - as it allows me to stay home with my kids, love on them all day and feel fulfilled in my creativity each day. (plus, collin has an excellent stationary collection for a man, and he uses it! #friendswithbenefits)

So, yes, I will be doing a black friday sale, but before I get there,
it's important that I note what I'm thankful for.... my top 5.

1. JESUS CHRIST...this goes without saying for me, but honestly, I'm thankful that we have a God that sent his son to die for our sins, that loves us unconditionally and gives us everything we have. My days are crazy, my time is crunched and my priorities often don't go the way they ought to, but I'm so incredibly grateful to have a savior who loves me, not because of what I do or don't do, but for the fact that I'm a daughter of the one true King. This....this is what I'm most thankful for.

2. FAMILY...they are the thick to my thin, the heart to my soul and my complete source of joy. Collin is my "person" as they say....he gets me, he brings me coffee on his way home from work at least once a week (because flowers die.), he's always the first to apologize #isuckatthat, and without a single doubt in my mind, he loves me more than I ever thought I could be loved. He's pretty special, and so damn sexy. And of course my babies... never did I realize how much joy I would feel as a mama, but honestly, my two little sidekicks are my bffs. I couldn't imagine my life without them. #B&BFORLIFE
photo by stacy jacobsen photography


3. HOME ... some people may consider this material, but our house has been such a tremendous joy for our family. We are able to host friends & family, which we absolutely love, Collin + I are able to express who we are through our house and it's something we both worked really hard for, so to wake up each day in our cozy bed and really feels like a gift. Not to mention the memories that we've already made & will continue to make in our home - unmatched.



4. HEN & CO... I started this business as a thesis project for my Senior year in college (my BFA show) and never in a million years could I have dreamt that it would become this. I work so incredibly hard each and every day to keep my business alive & kicking', not to mention growing, and I really am so thankful to have it as an outlet for my creativity and a contribution to our family. I love what I do and that alone is worth being thankful for.

5. HEALTH ... the fact that I get to wake up each & every day, walk down the stairs, eat my breakfast with my own two hands and take myself wherever I may be going is something I don't take lightly. While there have been parts of my life in these short 25 years that have been traumatic, stressful and often times felt like too much to handle, they've taught me incredible lessons about gratitude and that health is one of our most precious gifts.



I'll share more about our Black Friday sale tomorrow, but first, I'd absolutely love to hear what you're thankful for.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...