Life Lately

Friday, February 17, 2017

It's Friday and I'm giving you the Life Lately over here. This pic pretty much sums it up. Living for the Dr.'s office.
 WHAT WE'RE EATING: 
Well, the honest truth is... a lot of popsicles, tea, and medicine. However, we did make this a couple weeks ago and it did NOT disappoint.

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT: 
Summer. The weather here has been frigid and pretty crummy, and we are dying for some 70 degree temps - i'll even take 60!

WHAT I'M LOVING:
I got my hair done last week and have been using a couple products I just have to share (mind you, I'm not a product-person ... I use very little beauty products and tend to find one or two I love and use them for years) I've been a long time fan of the Lush dry shampoo, but this primer is equally amazing - I apply to wet hair after I've showered. It smells amazing, and keeps my hair shiny & healthy and in between, I use the Lush dry shampoo.

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:
Trying to get healthy! We've done a whole lot of staying inside, playing with toys, making messes, painting and movie watching. Cabin fever is realer than it's ever been, but God-willing, next week we are going to bust out of this place and have some much needed FUN!

WHAT I'M DREADING: 
Nothing! I've got my eyes set forward and we can only go up from here! Ha!

WHAT I'M WORKING ON: 
Picking out paint colors, switching bedrooms for the kids and designing the 4th & final nursery - gender neutral! SO many fun projects on the docket!

Also working on weaning Winnie but girlfriend is persistent. My other kids self-weaned after a year and she is just not even thinking about it. I literally have to hide from her in the mornings -- she has boob on the brain and I am not about to give-in. I mean full on tantrums if I refuse her request. Is that all I am to you, Winnie?! SO... I've googled a billion solutions, none of which have worked, and for now, the most appropriate solution seems to be hiding in the laundry room with a bag of skittles and praying she gets distracted. Take that, google.

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT: 
Spring! Sweet dresses for the girls, Easter baskets, hopefully a few lunch picnics at the park and just being outside without freezing our mittens off! And of course having this sweet baby! Almost half-way through my pregnancy and I'm starting to feel like I need to prepare!

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING:
We're half-watching the Bachelor (i.e. watching but turning away 90% of the episode) because it's just so damn painful. We went on a movie spree while we've been sick and watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (classic) and The Devil Wears Prada all in one night. It was memorable

As far as reading goes, Collin's been reading this book, and has really enjoyed it. He's the reader around here, I just listen to his analysis and pick up notes along the way :)

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: 
New Ed Sheeran, I'm loving the new Selena Gomez song, and the Trolls soundtrack is of course a favorite. Our family anthem has become "Get Back Up Again". But seriously, can we please burn the Let it Go soundtrack? I'm officially DONE and started telling Bellamy that they took it off spotify because I just can not deal.

WHAT I'M WEARING: 
Sweats. But I'm on the HUNT for some good maternity clothes because I am not about to suffer through the next 4 months in clothes that don't make me feel semi-human. Leave suggestions below, please!!

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND: 
We had some fun plans, but Baylor has pink eye in both eyes (GROSS) so we've scratched them all and are just going to hang out as a family (i.e quarantine). Maybe get a few house projects knocked out and probably eat more take-out than recommended.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH: 
The nothing-ness! There are no holidays, no big plans, just a whole lot of down time. Like Chicken Soup for the soul. HA. but seriously, bring on the peace.

WHAT ELSE IS NEW: 
Our SLAY leotards will be restocked on Tues, the 21st!
Follow us on instagram (@henandco) for more deets!
(questions via mixandmatchmama)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Becccading said...

Try Stitchfix for maternity! I did it for my second and got some good quality pieces that were unique. Let's face it...no matter what it is you will want to burn it by 39 weeks...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...